My Life at a Glance

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Wow!

I've really been thinking a lot about the subject of my last post. It's been on my mind a lot. So, I was taking Kyra to school this morning, and I think God sent me a message through the radio. Now, don't think I'm getting all Twilight Zone on you or anything. Hear me out. So, I was listening to Christian radio. They were having a telethon to raise money for the station, and I was kind of tuned out. I wasn't paying attention to what was going on, because they were talking about the money they needed to raise. I was lost in my thoughts about being of service to God, and the guy on the radio said, "God doesn't care about your ability. What he's concerned about is your availability." Wow. I don't know what the guy was talking about, in context, but I heard that part. It was like God was answering all of my ponderings. He doesn't care about my ability in and of myself. He just wants me to make myself available to him. If I lack in the ability, He'll make up the difference.
Wow. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, Lord. I appreciate it.

2 Comments:

  • I have heard so many evangelists and preachers say that! And it is so, so true!
    ~Cassandra

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:17 PM  

  • I have to agree, Rachel. I have come to realize that He doesn't equip us, and THEN call us...He calls us, and the equips us. It's up to us to be available...to obey.

    By Anonymous Holly, at 11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home