My Life at a Glance

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Brother/Sister Date, Mt Laundry, and Waiting

So, I know I've been scarce. I've spent less time on the computer in the past couple of weeks than I have in years. I've not really been that much busier. I've just been pretty tired. I want to sleep late, nap in my chair during the day, and go to bed early. So goes the life of the mom of a little baby, I guess.
Anyway, I have been busy. I had my garage sale Saturday. It was a bust. You guys must not have prayed hard enough for that one specific lady to come by. I only made $25. It was a total waste of time and energy. I just packed all of my stuff away until next year. I'll try again then.
Me and Luke went on our brother/sister date yesterday. Luke came up with that term when he told me he wanted me to take him shopping and to eat, but I think he's over me using it. Part of being a sister, though, is not caring when you're embarassing them. Just kidding...sort of. So, we went to Knoxville, spent most of the day shopping, and went out to eat. We went to Olive Garden....my favorite...and it was so good. I also saw one of my friends from Food City (where I worked for a couple of years). I hadn't seen her in a year or more, and she had eight month old twins. It was really good to see her, and I'm so jealous of the twins. I wanted twins so bad when I was pregnant...each time. Anyway, it was great to see her, and the whole day was fun. We took Owen with us, but Chris kept the other two kids for me. So it wasn't as much work to go as it is when I have all three of the kids.
I've been such a slacker around the house lately. All of the sleeping and semi-sleeping has kind of been in my way. I have like four loads of laundry (possibly more) awaiting my attention, dishes in the sink, and the kitchen floor is atrocious. I am going to tackle the laundry and everything else tomorrow. Chris has been off, but he has been spending so much time studying that he's not much help in the babysitting department.
I've been waiting on pins and needles for the last several months to talk about our big "secret". It's been driving me nuts. The end is in sight, though. Hopefully, I can write about it in the next couple of days. The waiting has been killing me.
I guess that's it for now. I'm so sleepy, my eyes are shutting. Don't give up on me, my loyal readers. I'll be back in action soon, I promise. I just need a nap first.

5 Comments:

  • I have a secret,too!! ....sinister laugh.... we can be the evil secret keepers together!!! A Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!
    no, but really. your'e probably going to tell when I am gone in Arkansas. And i do so love learning other people's secrets. If you tell yours, I just might tell mine when i get back. maybe.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:12 PM  

  • Oh, that was me- Cassandra. oops.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:13 PM  

  • Ooh, goody. I love secrets! Hearing them, that is, not keeping them. I bet I could guess what your secret is. :)

    By Blogger Rachel, at 11:15 PM  

  • Only four loads? (smile.) I always have at least four loads to do...even when it doesn't look like it. I can guarantee that by the end of the day there will be four loads there. :)

    Congrats for your hubby on the post above! :)

    By Anonymous Holly, at 11:53 PM  

  • Holly, that four loads turned out to be more like seven loads, and, since that was a couple days ago, two more were added after that. I'm still behind.

    Thanks for the congrats! :)

    By Blogger Rachel, at 7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home