My Life at a Glance

Thursday, October 19, 2006

The Secret's Out

Yay. I can finally tell. We got the news today! So, here it is...

Chris is receiving a direct commission into the Army. He has been accepted into the Chaplain Cadidate program. What this means is that the Army is making him an officer (a lieutenant), and they are going to pay for him to go to seminary. When he finishes his school, he will be made a Chaplain. It is the Army Reserves that is paying for this, so, when he graduates he will have to give the Reserves four years as a Chaplain. There is a possibility that he could get a waiver after two years, and go into active duty. That is what we are hoping for. He really feels that this is what God is calling him to do, and I support him 100%.

I'm really excited about it all. It will be hard when Chris has to go away for training and stuff. He will have to go either in January or in June for six weeks, and there will be a few other times during the program that he'll do that. I know from experience that weeks apart are not fun, but I know I can handle it. Of course, once he is serving as a chaplain, if his unit is deployed...to Iraq or wherever...he would go with them. I'm not looking forward to that part of it, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. I know that this is a really good thing, and I am so incredibly proud of Chris. Keep us in your prayers. He definitely has a full plate right now.

So, there it is. I'm so glad I can finally talk about it.

Kyra, Elijah, and Owen are going to be Army brats....

1 Comments:

  • I have so many friends who husbands are going into the army! I won't lie- it is a tough life for a wife and kiddies. But I've never had one whose husband was a chaplain, so that part of it might be a little easier. Congratulations to you guys! I know it's scary, exciting, and thrilling to be doing this! I'll keep you in my prayers!~Cassandra

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home